PakistanDatabase.com

Local X86 Memory Sinkhole - Intel's X86 Chip Exploit - That Can Hack Hardware [Even Command Cpu To Burn In Fire]

CyberGod

Administrator
Staff member
Website
hellofhackers.com
Hellcoins
♆25,955
Profile Music
Last night I came across this along my travels and thought I'd share it with you all see what your opinions are of it. 'sinkhole' is a recently discovered vulnerability found in older models of Intel's X86 chips. The problem with this is that the vulnerability itself is burned into the silicon of the chip and as such can't be effectively patched, so if you are using older hardware (I believe hardware newer than 2011 has been fixed) you should be worried.

The vulnerability works by taking advantage of the way the processors handle the instructions given to them and injecting arbitrary code escalating privileged code (ring 0 - the highest privilege level of the user) all the way up to ring -2 - underneath the kernel layer and way beyond the reach of any software such as AV's

This gives the attacker full access to the hardware, software and even the kernel of the compromised machine meaning he could modify your OS anyway he likes inject deep undetectable rootkits or if so inclined tell the motherboard to stop monitoring temperatures and fires the motherboard.

I don't know too much about the ins and outs yet but found an interesting presentation

Here is the poc in .asm assembly language
You must reply before you can see the hidden data contained here.
Update:
Here is presentation, ebook, and whitepaper of exploit

Last edited by a moderator:

MalwareGod

Staff member
Hellcoins
♆619
COULD YOU PLREASE
EXPLAIN IT BREIFLY
read the whitepaper included in thread ..
here is the thread link: